Founded in 2001, Amazing Charts provides electronic health record (EHR) software and services to primary care and specialty outpatient practices. It has been adopted by over 6,700 unique medical practices all over the United States, with a whole line of customers ranging from general practitioners to physicians with specific specializations.
Location: North Kingstown, Rhode Island (headquarters), with office in Boston, Massachusetts
- Intuitive interface. Amazing Charts’ products and services are perfect for EHR beginners because it holds onto the ease of paper charts while also allowing the conveniences of an electronic record.
- Cloud availability. Though Amazing Charts discontinued its mobile app device, the company replaced it with a cloud service, which makes sure that all data is accessible on virtually any device connected to the Internet and running a Windows Remote Desktop software.
- Concise summaries. The EHR platform offers a concise and accurate record of patients’ medical data and the services that they availed. Visit notes are easy to read, less than two pages long, and contain everything that a consultant needs for continuity of care among the patient care team.
- Prices of Amazing Charts’ products are fair and reasonable, especially for healthcare providers who are just starting out and other small practices.
- Subpar customer service. Since Amazing Charts is run by a small company, it is severely understaffed and thus cannot cater to the support needs of their clients at times. They usually get back to their clients days or weeks later.
- Not integrated. Amazing Charts’ suite of products are mostly operated separately, so it does not provide an all-in-one solution for all hospital EHR needs. It has to be pieced together with other products.
Amazing Charts aims to improve patient health outcomes and professional satisfaction through affordable, practical, and proven medical education and software technology. The following products are key to achieving this mission:
- Amazing Charts Electronic Health Record. This system allows clients to completely document any medical encounter in a fast, efficient, and straightforward manner. Some of its features include charting, e-Prescribing, scheduling, billing, decision support, and hands-free dictation. It also includes a Meaningful Use Wizard, a step-by-step tool to generate reports needed to collect HITECH stimulus money.
- Amazing Charts Practice Management (PM). This system is fully and seamlessly integrated into Amazing Charts EHR for improved efficiency in clinical documentation and financial management workflow. It features patient management, billing, collections, and reporting. Furthermore, this module is user-friendly and allows clients’ practices to manage the entire patient visit with a single easy-to-use system.
- Amazing Charts Practice Services. This tool offers a wide range of services designed for independent medical practices. They complement Amazing Charts’ usable and affordable EHR + Practice Management solution. Some of the features of Practice Services include Amazing Reminders, Amazing Backup, training services, Meaningful Use Success Services, and cloud services.
- Amazing Charts in the Cloud. This is a turnkey solution that dramatically reduces implementation headaches and ongoing IT support calls, as long as there is an Internet connection. It makes it simple to run a single patient database across multiple offices.